My values and core beliefs, shaped by a lifetime of experiences as an advocate, a mother, a writer, a teacher, a wife, and a citizen with global perspective, lead me to a vision of a government that cares for our neighbors who need it most – our children, our elderly, and our neediest. This means we have a responsibility to be good stewards of our natural resources. It means we have an obligation to provide quality healthcare access to all who need it. And it means we owe a top-flight education to our next generation.
When I have the privilege to represent you on the DuPage County Board, my promise to you is that I will act to achieve these things for you, and for our communities:
- Eliminate fiscal waste and redundancies, leading to lower property taxes and greater financial security for ourselves and our children
- Solve the problem of airport noise from O’Hare that diminishes our quality of life
- Preserve and expand our parks system
- Expand educational curricula, including foreign-language instruction in elementary school
- Ensure that residents in need of healthcare have an advocate
- Address the opioid epidemic that is endangering our children’s future